Center for Doctoral Studies in the Social & Behavioral Sciences of the University of Mannheim
EXCHANGE PROGRAM DETAILS
Students per year: up to 2
Exchange duration: up to 6 months
Exchange supervisor: prof. Paolo Segatti
1. As a general rule, exchange period is set as follows:
- For independent, research-oriented exchange programs, there is no set period. The applicant may leave Italy as he/she prefers, once set an agreement with the hosting institution.
- For class attending, courses-oriented exchanges, the period is to be chosen by the applicant according to the hosting institution class calendar.
Note: The duration of the exchange period may not exceed the amount stated in the above table.
2. Deadlines for application to the exchange program are usually set as follows:
March, 30th - For the exchange program starting at the beginning of June or at the beginning of September.
October, 15th - For the exchange program starting at the beginning of January.
Due to administrative matters, such deadlines are not to be extended.
3. Applications will only be accepted if including all the following documents:
- An English abstract of the intended research project;
- An updated Curriculum Vitae;
- A document indicating which professors the student is willing to work with and which specific classes/seminars the student is willing to attend;
- An Academic Record Sheet including passed exams and marks obtained;
- Two reference letters;
- A certification attesting the student's good command of English (such as TOEFL or equivalent certification);
- The student e-mail address;
- Place and date of birth together with residence data.
4. Application has to be sent via e-mail to:
Dr. Ferruccio Biolcati
Tel. 02 503 21287
The results of the application procedure will be communicated directly to the students in a month time.
For specific question concerning the hosting University or Institution it is also possible to contact directly the supervisor indicated in the above table.