Call for Scholarship Applications:
NASP Young Investigator Training Program in Political Studies
NASP (Network for the Advancement of Social and Political Studies) invites applications to the NASP Young Investigator Training Program in Political Studies, supported by ACRI (Associazione di Fondazioni e di Casse di Risparmio Spa).
The objective of these programs is to promote scientific research and collaboration among internationally-recognized research institutions and to encourage the mobility of young scientists. In particular, scholarships are designed to support the participation of young researchers, working in research facilities abroad, to internationally-recognized research seminars, summer schools and conferences organized by Italian research institutions. The ultimate purpose is to enable young researchers to establish and consolidate relationships with Italian research centers, with the prospect of developing common research projects.
Successful candidates must spend a period of research, lasting at least 1 month, at one of the NASP research institutions. They are required to attend the Annual Conference of the European Political Science Association (22-24 June 2017, Palazzo delle Stelline, Milan) and at least two of the following three research activities:
1) NASP International Workshop on Conflicts and Institutions, 21 June 2017, University of Genoa, Genoa
2) Empirical Implication of Theoretical Models Summer Institute, 24 June – 08 July 2017, Collegio Carlo Alberto, Turin
3) Research Strategies in Policy Studies Summer School, 10-14 July 2017, University of Genoa, Genoa
During this period, successful candidates will be associated with one of the following NASP research institutions:
1) Dipartimento di Scienze Sociali e Politiche, NASP Graduate School, Università degli Studi di Milano, Milan
2) Dipartimento di Scienze Politiche, Università degli Studi di Genova, Genoa
3) Dipartimento di Scienze Politiche e Sociali, Università degli Studi di Pavia, Pavia
4) Collegio Carlo Alberto, Università degli Studi di Torino, Turin
5) Centro Einaudi, Turin
Applications should include:
1) full curriculum vitae
2) letter of motivation
3) one letter of recommendation
4) paper abstract or full unpublished paper
5) ranked selection of two research activities listed above
6) ranked selection of three NASP research institutions listed above
Ten scholarships are available: seven scholarships of 3000 Euros for applicants from European institutions and three scholarships of 4000 Euros for applicants from non-European institutions.
These scholarships are designed to cover travel, accommodation and participation fees at the EPSA Annual Conference and the EITM Summer School (activities 1 and 3 have no fees). Participation fees for EPSA Conference and EITM Summer School will be paid in advance by NASP while travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed upon submissions of receipts. Reimbursement cannot exceed the scholarship limit, net of participation fees.
At the EPSA Conference, NASP Young Investigators may be asked to act as discussant or to present their paper, even if they have not applied to the Conference. They may also be asked to present their work at the NASP research institution they are associated to.
Applications are online only. Interested candidates can access the online form here.
The deadline for application is 30/04/2017.
The selection committee is composed of
Francesco Battegazzorre, Università degli Studi di Pavia/NASP
Giampiero Cama, Università degli Studi di Genova/ResPos
Alessia Damonte, Università degli Studi di Milano/ResPos
Maurizio Ferrera, Università degli Studi di Milano/Centro Einaudi/NASP
Fabio Franchino, Università degli Studi di Milano/EPSA/EITM
Mario Gioannini, Collegio Carlo Alberto/EITM
Thomas König, Universität Mannheim/EITM
Francesco Zucchini, Università degli Studi di Milano/ResPos